Do you have a passion for travel? Maybe you’re looking for a career that offers you the flexibility to make your own hours.
If so, you’ve probably also thought about how to become a travel agent.
If you’ve been hesitant to start your journey in the travel industry, and if you don’t know where to start, we’re here to help!
It may seem simple: tell people how to travel, where to go, and why.
However, it can be tricky navigating the world of travel, so we’ve created a guide to help you understand the intricacies of becoming a travel agent.
Okay, let’s get this adventure started.
Finding Your Niche
- First: What type of travel are you interested in? You’ll need to decide whether you’re more interested in leisure or corporate travel. Basically, you’ll have to determine whether you want to help families plan their vacation packages or help businesses arrange travel itineraries for work.
- Second: What location interests you most? You may want to determine whether or not you want to specialize in a certain part of the world. This could range from Disney World, to Ireland, to anywhere in between. There really is no right answer, but narrowing your location niche may help you become the “go-to” agent for that specialized area. Remember, everyone would rather work with an expert!
- Third: Who do you want to work with? Another thing to think about it is whether you want to work independently or through an agency. Whether you feel that you work best in collaborative settings or want the opportunity to work in an office, Rejuvia Vacation Club offers both opportunities!
While some universities offer travel degrees and certification programs, you don’t technically need one to begin your career as a travel agent.
However, an education from an accredited travel school is definitely recommended to allow yourself the opportunity to become well-acquainted with the travel industry, learn from experienced professionals, and sharpen your skills!
While prior educational requirements vary, to start the enrollment process at Rejuvia Travel School, you’ll just need a copy of your high school diploma or G.E.D.
We realize that your time is a precious commodity. In fact, when considering a career change, the potential time commitment is the main concern for many.
This is exactly why Rejuvia Travel School’s coursework and pace is set by you.
Some students focus 8 hours a day to complete the coursework, while others may only spend a few hours a week. This really is up to you and can vary depending on your schedule.
Most students complete the course in around 4 months, but you have up to a year to complete your education after you begin.
Benefits of Becoming a Travel Agent
- Dependable Income – The median salary for a travel agent is between $35,000 and $45,000. However, your annual income is pretty much entirely up to you. Depending on how much time you want to dedicate to this career, the opportunities are endless!
Whether you’re looking for a seasonal part-time gig or a full-time career with the ability to generate countless leads, the travel industry provides the ability to determine the path you want to take.
- Flexible Hours – Work when you want, wherever you want.
- Reduced Rate Travel – Adventure inexpensively. Take advantage of discounted cruises and vacations to the most interesting locations.
- Advice from Experts – One-on-one feedback from seasoned travel agents
Education and training cost varies from school to school.
Our cost is $1,399 for the course, with an additional $199 for the textbooks.
You have the option to either pay the total amount upfront or set up a month-to-month payment plan.
If you’re considering a career as a travel agent, dive into the first chapter for free right now.
If you’re looking for more information, be sure to contact us.
Let’s Start Your Next Adventure Today.